Sub Tuum Praesidium

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; Despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Personal Testimony: Maryella Hierholzer at the National Catholic Register



Mary Is Our Mother, and She Gathers Her Children With Her Rosary

Our Lady can unite people with words of praise and peace when there are no other words to say.

Six months ago, I joined an initiative at my parish to become prayer partners with members of a low-income parish in Baltimore.

Like the rest of my fellow parishioners, I had no idea where this new idea would take me, but little did I know that it would not only bring me closer to a member of St. Veronica’s in Baltimore, but also to the Blessed Mother. 

What is it like to make a telephone call for the first time to someone you don’t know and who, aside from your shared Catholic faith, comes from an entirely different background from yourself?

It’s getting to know a brother or sister in God’s family no matter the differing living conditions. Several months after praying with our individual prayer partners, my fellow participating parishioners and I went up to St. Veronica’s to celebrate Mass together and share our experiences in praying with members of St. Veronica’s.

Comments