Sub Tuum Praesidium

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; Despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Walsingham Chaplet of the Five Wounds


He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree,
that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.
By his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:24 (cf. Isaiah 53:5)

WALSINGHAM CHAPLET OF THE FIVE WOUNDS


X In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

I (We) offer this Chaplet in reparation for our sins and for ... (state your intention)

Our Father.
Hail Mary. (thrice)
Glory be.

℣ O Savior of the world, who by Thy Cross and Precious Blood hast redeemed us:
℟ Save us and help us, we humbly beseech Thee, O Lord. Amen.

FIRST DECADE

[on the large bead] By the most grievous and glorious Wound of Thy Right Hand, well of wisdom:

Anima Christi (Saint John Henry Newman’s translation)

Soul of Christ, be my sanctification;
Body of Christ, be my salvation;
Blood of Christ, fill all my veins;
Water of Christ's side, wash out my stains;
Passion of Christ, my comfort be;
O good Jesu, listen to me;
In Thy wounds I fain would hide;
Ne'er to be parted from Thy side;
Guard me, should the foe assail me;
Call me when my life shall fail me;
Bid me come to Thee above,
With Thy saints to sing Thy love,
World without end.
Amen.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Mary of Walsingham, by Thy Five Wounds: Have mercy upon us. (ten times)

Glory be.

SECOND DECADE

By the most grievous and glorious Wound of Thy Left Hand, well of mercy:

Anima Christi

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Mary of Walsingham, by Thy Five Wounds: Have mercy upon us. (ten times)

Glory be.

THIRD DECADE

By the most grievous and glorious Wound of Thy Right Foot, well of grace:

Anima Christi

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Mary of Walsingham, by Thy Five Wounds: Have mercy upon us. (ten times)

Glory be.

FOURTH DECADE

By the most grievous and glorious Wound of Thy Left Foot, well of spiritual comfort:

Anima Christi

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Mary of Walsingham, by Thy Five Wounds: Have mercy upon us. (ten times)

Glory be.

FIFTH DECADE

By the most grievous and glorious Wound of Thy Right Side, well of everlasting life:

Anima Christi

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Mary of Walsingham, by Thy Five Wounds: Have mercy upon us. (ten times)

Glory be.

℟ O Savior of the world, who by Thy Cross and Precious Blood hast redeemed us:
℣ Save us and help us, we humbly beseech Thee, O Lord. Amen.

Ave Verum Corpus

HAIL, true Body, born of Mary,
Spotless Virgin's virgin birth;
Thou who truly hangedest weary
On the Cross for sons of earth;
Thou whose sacred side was riven,
Whence the Water flowed and Blood,
O mayest Thou be given
At death's hour to be my Food:
O most kind! O gracious One!
O sweetest Jesu, holy Mary's Son!

℣ Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, our Lady of Walsingham:
℟ That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray.

O LORD Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, who didst come down from heaven to earth from the bosom of the Father, and didst bear five wounds on the Cross, and didst pour forth thy precious Blood for the remission of our sins: we humbly beseech thee; that at the day of judgement we may be set at thy right hand, and hear from thee that most comfortable word, Come ye blessed into my Father’s Kingdom; who livest and reignest with the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

Acts of Spiritual Communion

IN union, dear Lord, with all the faithful at every altar of thy Church where the blessed Body and Blood are being offered to the Father, I desire to offer thee praise and thanksgiving. I believe thou art truly present in the Most Holy Sacrament. And since I cannot now receive thee sacramentally, I beseech thee to come spiritually into my heart. I unite myself unto thee, and embrace thee with all the affections of my soul. Let me never be separated from thee. Let me live and die in thy love. Amen.

I WORSHIP thee, Lord Jesus, and kneeling unto thee, as thou didst come to Mary, I pray thee come to me. O most loving Jesus, O most blessed Saviour, come to me, I beseech thee, and unite me to thyself. Though I cannot now receive thee sacramentally, yet I believe that thou art able, even when received by faith and desire only, to heal, enrich and sanctify me. Come thou spiritually into my heart. I desire to unite myself to thee with all the affections of my soul. Possess me wholly; let the consuming fire of thy love absorb me, and thy presence abide so intimately in me, that it will be no longer I that live, but thou who livest in me. Come, Lord Jesus, and dwell in my heart. Amen.

X The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Ghost be with us all evermore. Amen.

Vulnera quinque Dei sunt medicina mei.
The five wounds of God are my healing.

Comments